Who can Participate?
Anyone can participate as long as they obtain the official speed locks 2021 tournament lock. Mods are able to participate as well, as Roon will be in charge of the tournament and can not enter the 2021 tournament.
How to Obtain Lock
Lock can be obtained by purchasing the lock from the speed locks moderators.
Prices are as follows:
Domestic (USA): $35.00/Lock (Shipping Included)
Canada, Australia, and Europe: $45.00/Lock (Shipping Included)
Pre-orders will begin April 1st, 2021 and end April 30th, 2021.
When Will the Tournament Start and Stop?
Tournament will start July 1st 2021 and end December 31st 2021.
How will the Tournament be Run?
The tournament will run in bracket form. See table example below. Each new section of the bracket will run for one month and video results must be posted by the 28th of each month to allow for adjudicating and records posting.
Who Will be in Charge?
Roon of the speed locks moderation team will be moderating and adjudicating the tournament.
What are the Rules?
• Only the SpeedLocks 2021 Tournament lock can be used.
• Lock must be single pin picked and not raked or zipped.Any tools used must be entered through the front of the lock face.
• Audio enhancement devices will not be permitted during tournament.
• The key must be used before the picking attempt to reset the pins.
• The time starts as soon as the pick enters the keyway. The keyway must be visible and can not be blocked. If the moderator can’t see the pick enter the keyway the speedpick request will be declined. Time stops as soon as the core stops moving, not when the shackle pops.
• The final time will be taken from the video proof. Best time submitted will be added to the site on the 28th of each month. Final time taken by the judge cannot be contested and will be the users best time.
• Lock must be gutted on camera. Once the core is removed, it needs to be shown to the camera in a way that the non-zero lift pins can be verified. The removal of the springs, key pins and driver pins must be accomplished in a way that it makes it easy to verify from which chamber they came from.
• All parts must be from the factory, including but not limited to springs and pins. Absolutely no replacement parts will be accepted in this tournament.
• Each section of the tournament will last one month. You will have till the 28th of each month to post your results video.
What Are the Prize Tiers?
Every four people who enter the tournament will unlock a new tier in the grand prize list. Residual prizes will be given away as a potluck drawing for all who participate.
4x People: White Tier
Master Lock #4, Master Lock #6
8x People: Yellow Tier
Burg Wächter Atlantik, Kwikset Mortise
12x People: Orange Tier
Abus 64TI Titalium, DOM 333 RNT
16x People: Green Tier
Commando Marine, Schlage Everest
20x People: Blue Tier
Mako 427, Kaba 8 (2-rows)
24x People: Purple Tier
Medeco Biaxial (5+ pins), Kwikset SmartKey Gen 3
28x People: Brown Tier
Schlage Everest 29 SL Primus XP, Mako M2 7 Pin SFIC
32x People: Red Tier
Assa 700, Emhart
36x+ People: Black Tier
Bowley, Sargent Keso
4x Custom Digs Trays
3D Printed followers and holders